Our Unit of Inquiry
Who We Are
Our Central Idea: Many unique individuals make a community.
We are going to enrich our learning with…
- Creating our own self-portraits
- Learning what a community is
- Learning what it means to be part of our new class and school communities.
- Talking about what makes us special.
- Finding out how we are the same and how we are different.
- Learning about how we have changed since we were babies and what we can do now that we could not do before.
- Exploring what happens when we mix colours.
- Developing our gross motor skills through Write Dance activities.
- Our class role play area is a home corner. We will be able to use our home experiences to play with others.
- Sharing stories together.
You might like to join in with our learning by…
- Drawing a picture that shows all the people that are special to you.
- Making handprints of everyone’s hands in your family and cut them out. Can you put them in order of size from the smallest handprint to the largest handprint?
- Talking about the different communities you belong to outside of school. Do you attend a club? Do you belong to a religious community? Do you play sports outside of school?
- Talking about the special times you share as a family? Such as cycling, reading, games you might play together or special times of year.
- Taking a photo or drawing a picture of any pets you may have at home or wish to have.
- Cooking your favourite food together.
- Going on an autumn walk and collect anything you might find – conkers, fir cones, acorns, leaves. What do you notice about the trees in autumn? You can bring in what you have found to school to share with us.